Skip to main content

Let Me Not Spread As Thoughts!

'Spreading as thoughts' is swerving from one's natural state in the heart. The heart is the seat of eternal peace and abiding in it puts one to ease. The spreading of thoughts begins with the rising of the 'I' thought or the ego. Abiding or staying put in the heart makes one to just be in peace putting an end to the ego's motion, which brings about misery. A poem of prayer to Ramana Maharshi.


Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart,

From the ego stems the thoughts,

Then in the net of the world I am caught,

Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart,

I know not any rest, 

When I stray away from my nest,

Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart,

When I swerve from solitude,

I turn away from quietude,

Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart,

When in movement I reap pain,

When still in the heart peace reigns,

Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart,

Let your grip tighten on me,

So I don't go astray but just be,

Let me not spread as thoughts,

Let me abide in the heart.

                                            A Seeker's Musings 







Comments

THEY ALSO READ

About Miracles - A Different Outlook!

Om Namo Bhagavate Shri Ramanaya! The womb of miracles is Grace, which is none other than the Self. Miracles here, may be defined as not the glaring ones as in Physic powers, Clairvoyance or materialising objects etc that bears the stamp of doership. They are simply divine interference in day to day life that are too very natural, and could often escape from even an alert eye. Such were those which took place in the presence of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi. Any ardent seeker's life is peppered with miracles or divine interference. There are two common outlooks towards miracles. While most intellectual seekers on the path of Self realization often have a self imposed indifferent attitude towards miracles, seekers on the path of bakti or devotion often get lost in miraculous happenings. In my humble opinion, I guess focusing on Grace, the underlying factor of miracles than focusing on miraculous happenings themselves, or being aware of miracles rather than b...

Peace In His Presence

Peace percolates in the otherwise stormy mind by a glance of Grace from the sage, Ramana Maharshi.

The Mount of Grace

 

As I Falter as I Fly.....

Attachment binds, Love sets you free, Attachment masquerades in the mask of love, The Master's love is unalloyed, For He teaches you to be free, He touches not the mind, He sits in the heart (as the very heart) I may not have realised complete freedom, Like the early efforts of a little bird that makes its flight in the sky, I may falter as I fly  before I realise that flying is my natural ability, But His glance has bestowed me with the glimpse  of being uncaged in infinity.